Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You load 16 tons, and what do you get?

Sixteen double crochet stitches doesn't seem like all that much. I can do that many in about 30 seconds. So the baby blanket I'm crocheting for Afghans for Afghans is the simplest, potholder-type square, and it increases 16 stitches every round. But these increases happen on 14 rounds of green, 13 rounds of blue, 12 rounds of magenta, and I'm in the middle of the 11 rounds of orange. That's 712 stitches on my current round, which takes me significantly longer than 30 seconds.

I didn't finish it at the retreat, although I did finish the first square for my Tunisian CAL afghan. No one has stepped up to volunteer a square yet for February, although I'd love to have an entrelac square from one of the other group members. I may end up designing this afghan myself.

I have nothing to add to Lisa's account of the retreat, except that I only realized on Saturday that several people had tried to get through the mysterious Sequoia conference center (Why is it so big? That's the mystery to me) on Friday evening. I had somehow convinced myself that they were all staying in Scott's Valley because the road from Felton was closed. I wish that I had tried to call them after we got there.

No comments: