Sunday, November 9, 2008

Celestial

I finished my Moons and Star cardigan last weekend. By and large, I'm happy with it, although there are always things that I wish I could change. I love very much the wool-silk yarn I used.









I have also been sewing, and positively slaved over this silk blouse.



Again, I won't bore you with the details of what I regret.

So I've officially started my Christmas knitting, a top-down raglan for my son in possibly the loudest yarn I've ever had the pleasure to work with, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Superwash in Rainbow.

raglan

The yarn is beautifully soft. I'm working it in Heel Stitch (k1,sl 1) on a size 11 needle, and the fabric is coming out very squishy and cozy. The slip stitches mix up the colors; I find that all of Lorna's Laces yarns pool something awful when knit in plain stockinette. Jed wants a half zip with a kangaroo pocket, and claims to be happy to wait until Christmas to receive his present.

No comments: