Monday, September 24, 2007

Pt. Townsend

I just got back from a weekend in Pt. Townsend, WA, where I attended my sister-in-law's wedding and did some shopping, not necessarily in that order. My sister-in-law knitted her own wedding ensemble, and it looked fabulous. I hope she'll be able to wear the pieces for other occasions, after all of that work.

Pt. Townsend now has two yarn stores, plus what has to be one of the nicest farmers markets around. Since I work at a yarn store, I try to buy local yarn when I travel, and, while there was local roving for sale at the market, the only yarn came from Kingston, which is pretty close, as things go. It's even dyed (green) with osage orange.

I knitted more on my ballet tee-shirt, while I wasn't reading the new Terry Pratchett book.

No comments: